My garden hasn't done so well this year. My tomatoes never grew. My raspberries are still covered in weeds. My garlic died.
I planted a pumpkin. Failed to water it most of the summer. It responded by continuing to grow, but only growing one pumpkin instead of the 4 I was hoping for. Next year I'll have to remember to water it.
This is what most of my strawberries look like. I'm three years invested in these plants. They started out so well. I was ticked off when I saw that a deer had eaten all the big leaves off of my strawberry plants. Then a couple days later the deer ate all of the tiny leaves as well.
There are some little green leaves now. My patch isn't a total loss. We'll see how many plants I need to replace next Spring. I may need to build a cage over them too if the deer keeps coming back.




1 comment:
Sorry the deer are eating your garden. I didn't know that they lived that far from the mountains. We had 3 deer run through our yard last week while we were out on the deck. Most of our neighbors who have gardens have tall fences.
Post a Comment