09 October 2009

Alex's birthday party

Alex had a Thomas the Tank Engine color birthday party. As the kids came we played with sidewalk chalk. Then we did a sticker activity where the kids put crayon and Thomas stickers onto a blue pencil box. Then we played Cranium Hullabaloo. I passed out Thomas stickers to the winners. I made sure that everyone had several stickers and no one felt left out. We had cake and ice cream, opened presents and played Hullabaloo and follow the engineer until the parents came back.
Here is the cake I made. Parenting.com has many cute cake ideas. I modified their pattern to look a little more like Thomas. Alex and his friends loved it. I'm not sure I'll make a cake like this again. I was not happy about the frosting. I couldn't make it look like the picture.
Alex got many fun toys. We invited the nursery kids that will be sunbeams with Alex next year. Most of these kids are in his preschool too. We have a coop preschool in the ward. Six kids, three days a week for two hours. I'll have a week every 5 weeks. A whole month between my weeks without Alex. I love it. Apparently we have a really cool garbage man. We had the party outside in our front yard. The weather was wonderful (I almost got out the water balloons). The garbage man came by and asked for the birthday child. Dave took Alex over to him and Alex got to sit in the truck and blow the horn. He doesn't like nost loud noises and the horn marked the end of sitting in the truck, but he had fun until that point.
At the end of the party, we gave the kids the pencil boxes that they put stickers on. I wrote their names on the box and filled it with colored pencils, a note pad, bendaroos (waxy string) and a train whistle.

1 comment:

Emily Larkin said...

What a cute party! Wish Max could have been there. The cake looks awesome Michele, you are an amazing mom.