11 June 2009

swimming lessons

I put the John and Liz in swimming lessons at the Veteran's Memorial Pool in Provo. It's an outdoor pool, we had the first lesson of the day, it was cool half of the time but the kids didn't complain. They just jumped in and did their lessons. John started his first lesson clinging to the teacher. He ended that lesson playing in the water by himself. He'll retake level 1, but he is doing so well. He'll put his face in the water and blow bubbles and on his back, he'll put his arms out. Things I wasn't sure that his teacher could get him to do. Liz loved her swimming lessons. I wasn't sure what level to put her in because she hasn't had lessons in a couple years. I put her in level 2 and she did really well. She passed on to level 3. She even went down the water slide on the last day of class (never done before).

No comments: