11 June 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter

On Wednesday I took the kids to the library before swimming lessons. I had set Mikey on the ground so that I could put all the books in the library bag. With the bag on my shoulder, I couldn't pick the baby back up so I had Elizabeth pick him up for me. She wanted to carry him to the car, but I wouldn't let her. She wanted to carry someone, so she gave Alex a piggyback ride. She did good until the last two steps, she stumbled and ran to catch herself and didn't make it. She went down on her forehead while Alex rolled off of her back. He bumped his head, but a kiss fixed him. Liz needed more attention. It didn't really bleed, so after I got kids into the car, I had her clean the wound with a baby wipe. At swimming lessons, I sprayed the wound with Neo-to-Go (great product). She didn't want to get her head wet in swimming lessons, but I told her that the chlorine would help kill any germs that might still be on her head. I'm sure the cold water helped too. She had a great lesson and did everything that the teacher asked her to. After swimming was more Neo-to-Go, then school (RAD kids/Wacky sports), then the free lunch the school provides and then home. At home, I cleaned her head better and put Neosporin and a bandage on it and made her wear it all day and night. We took it off in the morning and showed Dad and took the picture. She went to the last day of swimming lessons and did great. She told everyone who asked that she lost her balance and fell on the sidewalk with her brother on her back.
As a child I used to run into walls and give myself a black eye here and there. Every time one of my children falls or runs into something, I just know that they are my kids. Most everything else is something from Dave.