21 November 2010

Halloween 2010

Liz dressed up as a member of Gryffindor house at Hogwarts.  We bought her a black cloak.  She wore her black pants, John's white shirt, Aunt Erin's scarf and Uncle Brian's tie.  Half of the CAS program dressed up from Gryffindor house as well.  Liz didn't know anyone else was going to, but she was in good company.
My boys were the chipmunks this year.  It was perfect.  Alex starts with an A and we are always yelling "Alex."  John is the tall one who wears glasses and Michael is the chubiest of the three.  For John's school costume, we pinned a small Alvin onto his sweatshirt so that people wouldn't always call him Harry Potter.
I even dressed up a little this year.  Everyone comments on how I'm not smiling in this picture but I thought that you aren't supposed to smile when you are dressed all in black.  I had black lipstick, black eyeliner and black mascara.  If I had had time, I would have painted my nails black as well.

Dave was dressed similarly to last year.  Check out last years picture if you want to see him again.
Here are the kid's pumpkins.  The first one Alex designed and Dave cut out.  The second one is Michael's.  He loves balls and Grandma Larkin cut out the bat and ball for him.  Johnny did the third one by himself.  He didn't clean it out very well so when he pulled out the mouth, all these pumpkin strings came out as well.  It looked so gross.  Liz did the last one.  On this side is a cat sillouette and on the other side was a cat face.  We used electric candles and safety lights to light them up.

No comments: