17 February 2010
ouch
Last Thursday I was walking up to the elementary school with Michael in the backpack carrier and holding my box top collection box. The hook of one of my boots got caught on one of the loops on my other boot and I went down hard.
I took several minutes before I could get up. I would have gone straight home, but I still had a job to do. I hobbled into the school and set up tocollect box tops. Alex felt bad for me. When I saw that Michael had hit his head in my fall, I went to the office to get some ice for him. Twenty minutes later we were on our way out. We went straight home where I held an ice pack on Michael's head while he screamed. I had ice on the worse of my knees. Both hurt and my arms hurt.
It wasn't until I was changing for bed when I noticed the bruise on my arm. Both arms hurt, this one was the worst. It happened when the baby carrier twisted on my back and Michael hit his head. Thankfully we were only bruised. Michael was fine after a good nap. My knees felt better the next day and my arms felt better a couple days better. I thought about not strapping Michael in all the way. I'm glad I followed the prompting to take the time to buckle him in all the way, otherwise we may have had a baby in the hospital instead of just a bruised baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment