13 May 2009

my garden

Here I have weeded the first of 4 raised beds in the easement behind our property. Can you see the next box still covered in weeds? I'm going to plant three of these beds and one on the side of the house this year.

My mom got a book about square foot gardening. I looked at it and this is what we decided to do this year. In the first 8 squares in this box I've planted 4 rows of carrots. Then 2 rows of green onions and then 2 rows of radishes. In the next 12 squares I have strawberries and in the last 4 squares I'll plant my second crop of corn. In the second box, I have my first crop of corn (16 plants), 2 cherry tomato plants and 2 grape tomato plants. In the third bed, Dave has decided he wants raspberries.

This is the bed on the side of my house where I'm going to plant cantelopes, watermelons and later, pumpkins. This is my seed starts. Not all of them are doing well. The biggest ones are sunflowers.

2 comments:

Sarah R said...

Good for you! I only have 5 starts still alive...

Adrienne and Ryan Mangus said...

Great job--that was a lot of work clearing out the raised beds! We have four of our own and like them. Good luck with your gardens!